Ho Chi Minh City: Car rushes like an arrow, "splitting" a coffee shop in half, customers panic at the beginning of the year?

2 | 0 Discuss | Share
A 7.7 magnitude earthquake recently struck central Myanmar, causing tremendous devastation. This disaster has caused great pai.n and loss to the people of Myanmar and has attracted the attention of the international community.
On the morning of March 30, the Myanmar military government confirmed that 1,644 people were killed, 3,408 were injured and more than 139 people were still missing in the catastrophic 7.7-magnitude earthquake that devastated many areas in this Southeast Asian country.
Myanmar rescuers continued to work through a second night searching for survivors after a 7.7-magnitude earthquake struck on March 28.
In the city of Mandalay, one of the worst-hit areas just 17km from the epicenter, many people were force.d to sleep in the open because of collapsed houses or concerns that aftershocks could endanger structures.
Rescuers here successfully rescued a resident named Phyu Lay Khaing, 30, after more than 30 hours trapped under the 12-storey Sky Villa building. However, authorities fear that more than 90 people are still trapped here.
According to sources, power, internet and telephone networks remain disrupted.
Several major airports in Myanmar were also severely damaged, including the air traffic control tower at the capital Nay Pyi Taw airport, which collapsed completely, hampering relief efforts from other countries to Myanmar.
In the face of the disaster, the National Unity Government (NUG), the resistance organization against the Myanmar military government, declared a unilateral partial ceasefire to facilitate relief work.
The NUG's armed wing - the People's Self-Defense Forces (PDF) - will also suspend offensive operations for two weeks from March 30 in areas affected by the earthquake.
In addition, NUG pledged to coordinate with the United Nations and international humanitarian organizations to ensure safety, support transportation and establish medical relief camps in areas under their control. However, NUG affirmed that it would still defend itself if attacked.
In Thailand, Myanmar's neighbor, Bangkok Governor Chadchart Sittipunt said the search for construction workers at the site of a collapsed 30-story building in Bangkok is still ongoing in the hope of finding survivors.
Authorities have brought in heavy machinery, including cranes and diggers, to clear a path into the site. Drones and sniffer dogs have also been deployed to detect signs of life.
So far, at least 10 people have been reported dead in Bangkok. 78 people are still missing.
A report by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) said hospitals and health facilities in general in Myanmar were severely damaged, while medical supplies were in short supply.
Faced with the difficulties and serious damage after the terrible earthquake in Myanmar, many countries continue to send rescue teams and aid to help the neighboring country overcome the consequences.
On March 29, Russia and China sent planes carrying rescue teams and aid to Myanmar. India also deployed a rescue and medical team, while Malaysia plans to send 50 rescue workers on March 30.
The UK announced £10 million (about 331 billion VND) in emergency aid for Myanmar. The European Union (EU) pledged to stand with the people of Myanmar, providing 2.5 million euros (nearly 70 billion VND) in emergency aid and is assessing the situation to mobilize more aid.
The United Nations has allocated $5 million (about VND128 billion) to launch relief efforts, while the World Health Organization (WHO) has also pledged to increase emergency medical assistance to Myanmar.
According to The Guardian, in the context of many humanitarian organizations scaling back their activities after US President Donald Trump cut the budget of the US Agency for International Development (USAID), Washington has yet to make a specific commitment to support, but President Trump said he would take measures to support Myanmar in responding to this earthquake disaster.
Bac Giang 'bends' before the fire: Ve Pagoda 'fades', antiquities 'destroyed? Nguyễn Khanh1 month agoVe Pagoda, an ancient pagoda more than 300 years old in Bac Giang, was burne.d down in a serious fire on the morning of February 10, 2025. Although there was no los.s o.f lif.e, the precious cultural heritage of the pagoda was severely damaged.
2 | 0 Discuss | Share
2 | 0 Discuss | Share
4 | 0 Discuss | Share
1 | 0 Discuss | Share
1 | 0 Discuss | Share
2 | 0 Discuss | Share
3 | 1 Discuss | Share
2 | 0 Discuss | Share
1 | 0 Discuss | Share
1 | 0 Discuss | Share
2 | 0 Discuss | Share
2 | 0 Discuss | Share
3 | 0 Discuss | Report