The kidnapping of a boy who extorted 15 billion money in Hanoi: The kidnapper may be dealt with on many charges

Kim LâmAug 23, 2023 at 15:14

 4  |  0 Discuss  |  Report

Follow on

According to Dr. Dang Van Cuong, the person responsible for the abduction of a 7-year-old boy in Long Bien has many dangerous acts for society, so he may be handled for many crimes.

According to information from Tien Phong newspaper, on August 17, the Hanoi Police Investigation Department issued a decision to prosecute the accused, arresting and detaining Nguyen Duc Trung (31 years old, from Tam Duong district, Vinh Phuc province) for "Kidnapping with intent to obtain property".

The kidnapping of a boy who extorted 15 billion money in Hanoi: The kidnapper may be dealt with on many charges - Photo 1

Subject Nguyen Duc Trung - Photo: VietNamNet

According to VietNamNet, during the arrest of Trung, the accused resisted the authorities, firing rubber bullets, causing Major Nguyen Anh Tuan (Criminal Police Team of Long Bien District Police) to be wounded in the thigh.

On August 17, while being treated at the hospital, Major Nguyen Anh Tuan said that doctors had surgically removed the bullet, his health gradually stabilized.

The kidnapping of a boy who extorted 15 billion money in Hanoi: The kidnapper may be dealt with on many charges - Photo 2

Major General Nguyen Thanh Tung - Deputy Director of Ho Chi Minh City Police Hanoi with representatives of functional departments, encouraging and visiting Major Nguyen Anh Tuan - Photo: VietNamNet

Talking to VietNamNet, Dr. Dang Van Cuong, lawyer, said that the person responsible for the abduction of a 7-year-old boy in Long Bien has many dangerous acts for society such as: Kidnapping to seize property; unauthorized use of weapons and support tools; resisting persons on duty; intentional injury... Therefore, this person may be dealt with on many charges.

According to the lawyer, for kidnapping with intent to obtain property, this is the most obvious offence, so it is possible that the prosecution will be initiated first to conduct an investigation. The investigation of the case will continue to clarify other acts, satisfying the indications of which offence constitutes, further action will be taken on that charge.

In this incident, the victim's life and health were ensured. However, during the pursuit and arrest of the subject, Nguyen Duc Trung used force to resist law enforcement, causing injuries to a police officer. This is an act against a person on duty and intentionally causing injury, so the Board of Directors will clarify this behavior.

Dr. Dang Van Cuong said that the Board of Directors will clarify the lethality of the gun, based on the conclusion of the assessment of the authorities, and at the same time clarify the dangerous nature of the act of using the gun.

In this case, it is clear that the subject used a gun to shoot rubber bullets that caused injuries to law enforcement, so the police will clarify the position, shooting posture and lethality of this gun to determine Nguyen Duc Trung's behavior.

The kidnapping of a boy who extorted 15 billion money in Hanoi: The kidnapper may be dealt with on many charges - Photo 3

According to information from Dan Viet, about the development of the case, the Ho Chi Minh City Police. Hanoi said that at 19:40 on August 14, 2023, the Ho Chi Minh City Police. Hanoi received a report from Ms. D.T.H (SN 1987, Viet Hung Urban Area, Viet Hung Ward, Long Bien) about the content that Ms. H received a phone call from 0904.379xxx informing her son N.T.P (SN 2016) that she had been kidnapped and asked her family to pay VND 15 billion to ransom him.

Immediately after receiving the information, the Director of Police of Ho Chi Minh City Hanoi chaired a meeting with leaders and commanders of units in the Ho Chi Minh City Police. Hanoi and agreed to direct the plan to rescue the child.

After nearly 10 hours, until about 5 o'clock on August 15, 2023, units in the City Police. Hanoi has arrested the perpetrator, Nguyen Duc Trung, successfully rescuing the child to his family to ensure safety.

At the police office, the subject confessed that, due to borrowing money from many people, he could not pay, so he had the intention to steal property from houses living in high-end urban areas in Hanoi.

Around 9:00 a.m. on Aug. 14, 2023, Trung used a white Kia Morning car (real BKS 88A-28644) fitted with fake BKS 29A-24699; carry 1 rubber bullet gun (Trung bought before) to Viet Hung new urban area, Long Bien, Hanoi and go around in this area to steal property.

However, Trung could not steal property, so he had the intention to kidnap 1 child to threaten to steal money from the family. After the above intention arose, Trung bought 1 district of large tape, 1 pair of gloves, 2 elastic bands tied at a market in Long Bien district, Hanoi (Trung does not remember the address).

The kidnapping of a boy who extorted 15 billion money in Hanoi: The kidnapper may be dealt with on many charges - Photo 4

Subject Trung carried out the act of kidnapping the boy - Photo: Tien Phong newspaper

Then, around 18:30 on the same day, Trung went to the area in front of villa C6BT7 in Viet Hung new urban area, Viet Hung ward when he discovered and abducted N.T.P into a car.

Trung used the child's hand tie and moved the child through many areas in Hanoi city and repeatedly called the child's family to extort money (demanding 15 billion ransom from the child's family).

At about 5:00 am on August 15, 2023, when Trung took the child to the collection road of Dong Van Industrial Park, Ha Nam, he was arrested by the Ho Chi Minh City Police force. Hanoi arrested.

The kidnapping of a boy who extorted 15 billion money in Hanoi: The kidnapper may be dealt with on many charges - Photo 5

The suspect who kidnapped the child was arrested by police. Photo: TTX.

The kidnapping of a boy who extorted 15 billion money in Hanoi: The kidnapper may be dealt with on many charges - Photo 6

Did you LIKE this article?
Yes
No

Related topics

Bac Ninh: Rescued a child who was forced onto a roof by a man and held for 4 hours

Bac Ninh: Rescued a child who was forced onto a roof by a man and held for 4 hours
Phúc Sen14:57:43 27/03/2025
On the afternoon of March 27, Lieutenant Colonel Pham Van Ngu, Head of the Criminal Police Department, Bac Ninh Provincial Police, said that he had identified the perpetrator in the case of controlling and holding a 9-year-old child hostage in Phuong Mao ward, Que Vo town.

 5  |  1 Discuss  |  

Returning 177 Vietnamese people who made online scam apps in the Cambodian autonomous region to return home

Returning 177 Vietnamese people who made online scam apps in the Cambodian autonomous region to return home
Pinky10:21:47 08/02/2025
On February 7, the Border Guard Command of Tay Ninh province said that it had just coordinated with the Tay Ninh Provincial Police to receive 177 Vietnamese returned by Cambodia, related to labor and illegal residence in the country.

 2  |  1 Discuss  |  

The case of a girl being kidnapped in Hai Phong: The Department of Education and Training issued an urgent dispatch, warning parents

The case of a girl being kidnapped in Hai Phong: The Department of Education and Training issued an urgent dispatch, warning parents
Đức Trí13:30:56 15/01/2025
Immediately after the incident of a 4-year-old girl at Thien Huong Kindergarten (Thuy Nguyen City, Hai Phong) being kidnapped by a stranger caused panic, the Hai Phong Department of Education and Training issued an urgent directive to all levels of education, especially preschool and primary schools.

 4  |  1 Discuss  |  

Heart-stopping 42 hours of rescuing 2 missing girls on a walking street, 200 people spending the night

Heart-stopping 42 hours of rescuing 2 missing girls on a walking street, 200 people spending the night
Thanh Phúc13:55:27 11/04/2024
The story of two little girls missing on Nguyen Hue walking street and successfully rescued by the police force is an incident that has shaken people in recent days.

 1  |  1 Discuss  |  

Arrest of 2 daughters on walking street: Ho Chi Minh City President speaks out, suspect rents apartment

Arrest of 2 daughters on walking street: Ho Chi Minh City President speaks out, suspect rents apartment
T.P10:59:15 10/04/2024
Regarding the story of 2 missing daughters, who mysteriously disappeared on Nguyen Hue walking street, recently after the suspect was officially caught in the law, the Chairman of Ho Chi Minh City People's Committee also made an official statement. .

 0  |  1 Discuss  |  

The boy caused controversy for doing this to his biological parents after years of separation

The boy caused controversy for doing this to his biological parents after years of separation
Tuyết Ngọc17:50:35 19/02/2024
The story of a Chinese guy is attracting the attention of the online community. He faced a difficult decision because he did not know who to choose to give birth to or raise him.

 2  |  1 Discuss  |  

The young man discovered that he was the son of a famous millionaire after living miserably for 25 years

The young man discovered that he was the son of a famous millionaire after living miserably for 25 years
Phong Trần17:14:17 20/12/2023
On the afternoon of December 1, in Xingtai city (Hebei province, China), Jia Kefeng, a famous businessman in the city, was officially reunited with Jia Qingshuai, his son who had been missing for more than 20 years. .

 2  |  1 Discuss  |  

Kidnapping case demanding 1.5 billion ransom: Korean newspaper shockedly reported, where did the 550 million VND go?

Kidnapping case demanding 1.5 billion ransom: Korean newspaper shockedly reported, where did the 550 million VND go?
Hoàng Phúc15:02:45 24/09/2023
South Korea's major news site Dispatch recently reported on a kidnapping case in Hanoi. Dispatch quoted information in the Vietnamese press about the tragic incident when the nanny kidnapped and killed the victim.

 5  |  0 Discuss  |  

Suspect who kidnapped and harmed a little girl in Hanoi as told by neighbors: Used to teach, worked hard, and was filial

Suspect who kidnapped and harmed a little girl in Hanoi as told by neighbors: Used to teach, worked hard, and was filial
Kim Lâm16:19:18 21/09/2023
Giap Thi Huyen Trang graduated from pedagogy, but when she started teaching at low wages, Trang quit her job and then worked as a worker. Huyen Trang is currently a suspect in a kidnapping and extortion case, causing casualties.

 3  |  0 Discuss  |  

A runner missing for 3 months, suspected of kidnapping sold to trafficking group, best friend is the most suspect?

A runner missing for 3 months, suspected of kidnapping sold to trafficking group, best friend is the most suspect?
Keng11:27:27 30/08/2023
Chinese media reported that Athena Liya's family has lost contact with her for more than 3 months. They suspect their daughter was kidnapped. Now the 23-year-old's family is looking forward to hearing from her day by day.

 6  |  0 Discuss  |  

Struggling to search for nearly 20 years, the couple suddenly learned that their daughter lived just 1 street away from them

Struggling to search for nearly 20 years, the couple suddenly learned that their daughter lived just 1 street away from them
Hoa Tuyết21:12:59 28/08/2023
On one day 17 years ago, the couple's daughter went missing when she was 3. The family had been searching for her for a long time, no one expected that the child had appeared next to them a long time ago.

 2  |  0 Discuss  |  

Boy kidnapping suspect blackmails 15 billion: Educated, well-off family, loves children

Boy kidnapping suspect blackmails 15 billion: Educated, well-off family, loves children
Minh Lợi14:32:45 16/08/2023
On August 15, the public was bewildered by information about the boy's abduction at the BT7 villa complex and the kidnapper then demanded a ransom of 15 billion and forced the boy's family to go to Henan to trade.

 2  |  0 Discuss  |